You’ve heard the saying that 40 is the new 30, so certainly 60 is the new 50! In the past, women in their sixties were considered senior citizens, and were expected to dress and act like ‘old biddies.’ Today, celebs like Madonna (61), Christie Brinkley (66), and Goldie Hawn (74) look and feel their best, setting a bold and sexy example for the rest of us.
So, how do they do it? Here are some of the best ways that you can stay fit and happy in your sixties – and beyond.
- Keep your mind active – If you are lucky enough to be retired, keep your mental acuity in peak form by learning a new skill, taking on new hobbies, and staying fit and active.
- Take care of your skin – Your skin is your body’s largest organ. Taking good care of your skin will keep you in overall good health, and help you to look youthful and rested. Good skincare does not have to cost the earth – focus on soothing cleansers, hydrating serums, and a good moisturiser.
- Express gratitude through prayer or meditation – You certainly don’t have to be a religious person to find solace and comfort in prayer and meditation. Expressing gratitude in this way also relieves stress, contributing to overall wellbeing.
- Eat a healthy and well-balanced diet – By now, you know what you like to eat, so focus on doing it in a well-balanced way. Find healthy swaps for unhealthy foods, but remember to treat yourself on occasion!
- Tell your loved ones you cherish them – In our busy lives, it can be easy to forget to tell our loved ones just how much we love them. In your 60s, make it a priority to connect with friends and family whenever you can.